It was constructed out of material from a local farmhouse owned by Bernie and Mrs Wilson, believed to be built in the 1930’s.
Volunteers pulled the house apart and re-erected it in its present form. During demolition a 1946 newspaper was found under the lino. The phone number on the facade is the original number of the first general store opened at North Tamborine in 1923.
The store comes complete with a barber’s chair and a haberdashery section. It was a trading centre and a meeting place.
The hand operated Caltex petrol bowser is a recent addition.
<< go back to gallery | Find us here >>>